47497Re: 1812 Fw: Help Needed - Lundy's Lane 200th Commemoration

  • a10rca
    Jul 17, 2014

      Thanks Kevin

      Should have happened at Chippawa but I forgot the Cubans.

      This is a nice continuation of efforts at the Lundy's Lane site in the Drummond Hill cemetery.

      Just a reminder:

      Friday July 25th 2014, you are welcome to join in the short march to Drummond Hill and the site of the Battle of Lundy's Lane.

      We will be gathering at two points at 7:30 pm (1930hrs) on the Friday evening in Niagara Falls, Ontario.

      Redcoats at Oakes Park, 5700 Morrison Street (yes, named after CO of the 89th Foot) on the corner of Stanley  Avenue (not the Cup Guy) in Niagara Falls, Ontario.  They are looking for Redcoats.  You might be a Glengarry, or a militiaman or a Lithuanian Tartar in Napoleon's Army, and no one will turn you away, but they would like Redcoats.

      Blue Jackets of the United States Army will gather at the Niagara College Campus at 5881 Dunn Street in Niagara Falls, Ontario.   They are looking for Blue Jackets.  You might be a Rifleman or a Seneca warrior named Red Jacket or in the 1st Brigade of the Left Division of the 9th Military District of the United States Army, but they would like Blue Jackets.

      We will greet the walkers in their t-shirts with respective colours (colors)  and reenactors will lead the groups as they step off at 8:30pm (2030hrs).

      Upon arriving at Drummond Hill, you will be asked to participate in a play that starts at 9:15pm.   A handful of cartridges will be handy.  If you haven't been to the battlefield in some time, there have been interesting changes and hopefully more in the future.  This should wrap up by 10:00pm.

      (then we're storming the Maple Leaf Tavern for some beverages and Country & Western Music.)

      If you have questions, feel free to contact Jim Hill through this means.

      or

      For more information check out:

       200th Anniversary of Lundy's Lane | Niagara Falls History Museum - City of Niagara Falls

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic