47292Re: 1812 Looking for Frenchies to fight ???

  • gary beauregard
    Mar 31, 2014
      Then I stand corrected on that account. So, Leonard's Creek will be another large scale event?
      From: Ed Seufert <rmarine1812@...>
      To: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, March 31, 2014 1:19 PM
      Subject: Re: 1812 Looking for Frenchies to fight ???

      Grand tactical?

      There seems to be some mis-communication regarding Jeff-Patt.  This years event is to commemorate the two Battles of St Leonards Creek which both occurred in June 1814.  (Thus the change from Sept to June.)

      Grand Tacticals (GT) were conceived by the 1812 community in order to have large events every year to which the 1812 community could aspire to attend.  The last GT in the south was held at Jeff-Patt in 2008.  It was decided to not have GTs during the bicentennial years, 2012-2015.

      We will have a lot of ground to play on at Jeff-Patt this year but not all that we had in 2008 and the focus will be on the bicentennial of the events that occurred in 1814.

      See you there!

      Cheers,

      Ed Seufert, Sgt
      1812 Royal Marines