47290Re: 1812 Looking for Frenchies to fight ???

  • gary beauregard
    Mar 31, 2014
      That sort of thing may be very big, on the Continent  but this is the first time I have ever heard of such a thing being done here. Unfortunately, it is only a week after the Grand Tactical being held in Maryland. You'll need real hard core reenactors to come out for that.
      From: "victor.eiser@..." <victor.eiser@...>
      To: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, March 30, 2014 9:11 PM
      Subject: 1812 Looking for Frenchies to fight ???
      the Brigade-Napoleon cordially invite you to attend the June 27-29 2009 Grande-Tactique event at Old Bedford village PA. I know you have lots of American's to play with, but how many of you have had the delight of taking aim at a French Old Guard Grenadier, or faced a charge by French Cavalry ??? Don't worry, we also will have British Cavalry to give you redcoat infantry a hand!
      We are planning skirmishes for Sat & Sun, and a hopefully some dancing and entertainment on saturday nightFor more info check out http://www.brigade-napoleon.org/events/events_schedule.htm
      or our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/events/698675450145173/At this point in time, we would appreciate your feed back as to your unit’s possible involvement. As you can imagine, the Old Bedford village Historical society’s interests and publicity campaign make it necessary for us to have a good idea of the numbers or re-enactors which may participate.

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic