47279Battle of Bladensburg

  • Aaron Marcavitch
    Mar 24, 2014

      Good afternoon everyone!

      Just a quick note to let you know that the planning for the Battle of Bladensburg for August 23 is picking up steam! We now have close to 75 participants in the battle part of the day.  If you have not pre-registered with us, please do so soon! As a reminder, we do have stipends and will also have food provided.  Camping will be available on site (with security and firewood).

      The basics of the program are as follows:
      11:30 - dedication of new monument
      1:00 pm - Storming of the Bridge re-enactment
      2:00 pm - Main Battle
      3-6 pm - Festival program (vendors/demonstrators/etc.)
      5-7 pm - Local music/food trucks
      7:30 pm - NAVY Commodores perform
      8:45 pm - Fireworks over Anacostia River

      We are working on what might be happening on Friday and Sunday, but definitely plan on participating in programs those two days.  Friday evening is planned to have a program at Riversdale, while Sunday may be at Bladensburg or may be in Washington DC/Navy Yard.

      Details as they develop are being posted on our website: www.princegeorges1812.org  (Registration can be found under "200th Commemoration" tab.)

      We continue to finalize our demonstrators, so if you have anyone who provides historically accurate 1812 style demonstrations of crafts or trades, please send them along.

      Thanks for the outpouring of support!

      Aaron Marcavitch
      Battle of Bladensburg Task Force
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic