47197Registration Open - Battle of Bladensburg

  • Aaron Marcavitch
    Feb 3, 2014
      Hello friends and living history supporters!
      The 200th Anniversary of the Battle of Bladensburg is approaching - on August 23, 2014.  We hope you can join us and participate!  We have now opened the registration for living history units as part of the Battle program.
      Please note the following:
      * There is a stipend for participants, horses, and powder
      * There will be meals provided
      * We are working out the camping logistics right now.
      * We are waiting on a confirmation from the local hotels for a block of rooms to be available.
      All programs will be happening in Bladensburg Waterfront Park and along the Anacostia River.  We anticipate between 7500 and 10,000 visitors that day (weather, parking depending) but will hold the battle RAIN OR SHINE.
      Please share this information with your friends and collegues.  Also, if you have connections to potential historic trade demonstrators, send them to me.  I will follow up with them directly and get them registered.
      Thank you!
      Aaron Marcavitch
      ATHA Inc. & Battle of Bladensburg Task Force