47183New Orleans 2015

  • sacbg7
    Jan 23, 2014
      Dear List,

      Plans for next years Bicentennial Commemoration in New Orleans are in full swing. There is much information to impart.

      On this past Sunday we released a 5 minute video which highlighted this years 199th anniversary.  In the video you will be able to see not only images of the actual battlefield, but the Napoleon House where our soiree will take place next January 8, Friday evenings Second Line Parade through the French Quarter, and footage of the recreated night battle of Dec. 23, 1814.  This footage was shot on our new offsite reenactment field.  The new field is 1 and /2 miles north of the original battlefield.

      To access the video please go to our web page www.cottonbaler.com  As the page displays you will see below the main photo a link which states: For New Orleans 1815 Information click here.

      This will take you to our specially designed web page for the event.  The video is located on our media page, along with the previously released American Participant trailer.

      Filming for the British Participant trailer was completed during the event at Chalmette. It is currently in the editing process.  It will be released on our Media Page and You Tube Channel in February.

      While at Chalmette we also were filming another promotional video which will debut in March.  It will coincide with the opening of event Registration.

      On line Registration can begin March 14.  We have been beta testing the system.

      On it you will be able not only to register yourself and your unit, but ask any pertinent questions.  These questions will be funneled directly to our department heads who will assist you in any way they can.

      There is also an event Facebook page for those of you who use that medium.  You can access it by going to the main event web page and clicking on the Facebook Icon.  You can also access it from our 7th INF Facebook page.

      If you are interested in staying in some of the hotels of the French Quarter we have obtained discounted rooms.  Information on this has been posted on the event Facebook Page as well as the main event web page.

      On March 15 and 16 both Tim Pickles and I will be at the Kalamazoo Living History Show.  We will each be doing two presentations for attendees.  One will be historical in nature. The other will cover on what you, our event participants, can expect.

      You will also be able to register at the Show using our on-line application.

      The event in New Orleans runs from Tuesday January 6, 2015 through and including the finale on the evening of Sunday January 11.  Come for one, Come for some. Come for all.

      Our goal is not only to host an incredible event overall, but to allow you to tailor these activities as you see fit.  Together we will make this finale to the 1812 Bicentennial one we will all long remember.

      We look forward to having you with us in 2015.

      Warmest Regards,
      Steve Abolt
      7th USILHA