      From: John Locke <john@...>
      To: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2014 8:00 AM
      Subject: RE: Appalled at Americans' lack of interest in and knowledge of the War of 1812?

      We are a shanty crew based in Columbus Ohio “The Hardtackers” we have been booked for one 1812 event in the USA and five in Canada. There is the difference. Most US citizens have not a clue as to the war of 1812 and are not interested. We have tried to push for events over the last three years and we have been ignored. To a man and there are six of us, we have been impressed with the Canadian approach. The two main events that are this side of the border are the battle of New Orleans and the battle of Lake Erie, well I wonder what they have in common? I am aware of events to the north east of the country but very little promotion.