47167Appalled at Americans' lack of interest in and knowledge of the War of 1812?

  • Dennis Byrne
    Jan 20, 2014
      Are you as appalled as I have become at Americans' lack of interest in and knowledge of the War of 1812?

      As I market my historical novel about the war, I've discovered that many Americans are not just disinterested in the war, but act as if it never happened.

      This is an important and fascinating phase of our history and I'm doing as much as possible to spread the word about a war I've become passionate about.

      My own friends, for example, have come away after having read the book, shocked by the events that their education roundly ignored. They've said: "What, you mean that we actually invaded Canada?" "You're saying that northern states actually held a convention about seceding from the Union long before the South actually did?" I find it sad that such ignorance about the war is so common.

      I have been encouraged, however that my book seems to have helped in that it has been reviewed as a fast-paced and engaging way to learn about the war. I've been offering one free review copy to each war-connected group that I can find. I'm, of course, hoping that they'll like it and recommend it to their friends Or give it as a gift, for example, as a vehicle for helping to spread the word. If you're interested in a copy, please let me know.

      If you don't want to reply, you can check out the book at its website: http://www.madness.com It's called "Madness: The War of 1812."

      Meanwhile, remember the Raisin!
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic