      From: Aaron Marcavitch <acornhp@...>
      To: WarOf1812 <WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tue, Dec 3, 2013 7:42 am
      Subject: 1812 Battle of Bladensburg

      Hello everyone,

      We are making major progress toward opening registration for the Battle of Bladensburg 200th program, to be held on August 23, by Dec 10. We hope to make it a great program that builds on the work of Riversdale House Museum, while moving to (or close to) the original battlefield.

      We are currently emailing sutlers and vendors/demonstrators. If any of your companies come with members who can demonstrate elements of camp life, we will be looking for your participation. There will be camping, but some of the details are dependent on our host site. We will have the option to indicate your interest in camping and how many tents you will bring. We will also be planning a ball on Friday night and are inviting some of the Regency societies.

      I would also note that we are working with a contingent in DC. If you think your company might be able to stay for a program on Sunday as well, we will have a place to note that. We would put you in contact with the DC coordinating groups.

      We know that many of you have loads of programs next year, but we hope you consider making this an awesome program and coming to DC in August!

      Look for a note in the next week for registrations. Spread the word - to vendors as well - and plan on a great time.

      Lastly, we will also be putting a call out soon for our may 4 heritage festival. It's much smaller (anticipating 10k at the Bladensburg program vs 300-500 at the heritage program) - but we would like to have two tents of 1812 companies. I believe it conflicts with another program that weekend, but we will ask anyway.

      Thanks!
      Aaron Marcavitch
      ATHA inc (& Battle of Bladensburg Task Force)

      Sent from my iPhone
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic