47108Fw: March 8th, 2014

  • glenn stott
    Dec 2, 2013

      Sent: Monday, December 02, 2013 4:46 PM
      Subject: March 8th, 2014

      Can you post this to the 1812 onelist?  I posted it to the crown forces onelist.  Dave and Mark can you send this to the US units that you know?

      Thanks,

      Brad

      Greetings,

      This email is to inform all groups that registration for the upcoming March 8th
      Battle of Longwoods 200th event is open.

      Go to:
      http://royal-scots.com/registration.html

      The main event will take place on Saturday March 8th with the re-enactment of
      the battle on the original site followed by a drum head funeral service for the
      fallen. There will be an on-site reception afterward in a heated tent.
      Participants are invited to come the Friday night and stay over in the community
      at several billets (ie bring your own cot and sleeping gear) so no tentage is
      required. On the Friday night there will be a community social at Crocodile
      Studios in the town of Wardsville that everyone is welcome and encouraged to
      attend. Saturday morning there will be a community brunch for the reenactors
      and Sunday morning will be a community church service honoring the 200th.
      Information on local hotels and motels in the area will be made available to you
      if required. More details and event specifics will follow once we have the
      registered contact information. If you have any questions about the event
      please contact me via email at brad(at)vbands.com.

      Cheers,

      Brad Stott
      1st Royal Scots - Light Company
      www.royal-scots.com