47100Fort Meigs Holiday Open House December 8

  • yawors1
    Nov 26, 2013

      Holiday Open House
      at Fort Meigs
      December 8th

      PERRYBURG, Ohio- Looking for a fun holiday outing with the family? Experience shopping, food, music and more at the Fort Meigs Holiday Open House on Sunday December 8th from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Join us in our decorated visitor center for a family friendly event filled with lots of activities for everyone.

      Re-enactors portraying soldiers and civilians from the War of 1812-era will provide musket demonstrations and discuss camp life during the winter. Kids can try their hands at several activities and help decorate cookies. New this year is making soldier snowman ornaments. Father Christmas just might make an appearance as well!

      Don't forget to browse our museum store for unique gifts while you listen to the sounds of holiday music by the Back Porch Dulcimers. There will be several local artisans with unique items for sale. There is something for everyone at our Holiday Open House. Come enjoy the fun!

      Activities begin at 1:00 p.m. Admission to the event is $1 for adults and youth. Ohio Historical Society Members and children five and under are free.

      Fort Meigs, the largest reconstructed, wooden-walled fort in the country, is located one mile west of downtown Perrysburg on W. River Road (S.R. 65). For more information on this event or all of the other events at this National Historic Landmark, visit us on-line at www.fortmeigs.org or call 800-283-8916.