47067August 23, 2014

  • Aaron Marcavitch
    Oct 25, 2013
      Hello everyone,

      I wanted to introduce myself and our work. Maryland Milestones has been leading the development of the war of  1812 commemoration in Prince Georges County, MD with lots of partners - not the least of which is Riversdale House Museum folks who have held encampments for 17 years.

      I wanted to bring to your attention the planning that is happening for next summer (May- August). We plan on having events all over the county, culminating in a large reenactment on August 23 in Bladensburg.

      We are working now on setting up a registration system for that program and hope you consider coming. There will be stipends and camp amenities. Until that is up (and we will let you all know) please check out www.princegeorges1812.org

      We are very excited about this program and would love to have participants from around the US and Canada. If there are UK based groups, I would be interested in talking with you off list.

      Thanks so much and we shall communicate more soon. You can find me at the email below.

      Aaron Marcavitch
      Maryland Milestones/ATHA inc.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Oct 25, 2013, at 10:03 AM, <royals1@...> wrote:

      Please save the date for the next living history symposium. 2014 Will Mark the Centennial of World War One and the end of the Bicentenary of the War of 1812. Next year’s symposium will focus on of World War One and the War of 1812.

      Dr. Jane Errington will be our 1812 key note speaker

      "Keeping Hearth and Home During Peace and War: Women in Upper Canada 1791 to 1815."

      She is a professor of History at Queen’s University and professor emerita and former Dean of Arts at the Royal Military College of Canada. Over the last 25 or so years, she has written and spoken extensively on life in early Upper Canada, and has three prize winning books.

      R.H. Thompson will be our World War One key note speaker

      “Hidden Stories and the Lost Boys of World War One”.

      He spearheaded a unique war vigil that projected the names of each of the 68,000 Canadians who died in the First World War onto the National War Memorial in Ottawa locations in the provincial capitals of Canada, as well as Canada House in Trafalgar Square, London. Mr. Thomson is a well-known Canadian film, television and stage actor, as well as an ardent supporter of Canada's Veterans.

      We are in the process of creating registration web page. There will be a dinner /dance at the Delta London Armouries on the evening of the 29th.

      For more information contact Tom Ross    royals1@...

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic