47066Commemorative History Symposium March 29, 2014-London Ontario

  • tomross1812
    Oct 25, 2013

      Please save the date for the next living history symposium. 2014 Will Mark the Centennial of World War One and the end of the Bicentenary of the War of 1812. Next year’s symposium will focus on of World War One and the War of 1812.

      Dr. Jane Errington will be our 1812 key note speaker

      "Keeping Hearth and Home During Peace and War: Women in Upper Canada 1791 to 1815."

      She is a professor of History at Queen’s University and professor emerita and former Dean of Arts at the Royal Military College of Canada. Over the last 25 or so years, she has written and spoken extensively on life in early Upper Canada, and has three prize winning books.

      R.H. Thompson will be our World War One key note speaker

      “Hidden Stories and the Lost Boys of World War One”.

      He spearheaded a unique war vigil that projected the names of each of the 68,000 Canadians who died in the First World War onto the National War Memorial in Ottawa locations in the provincial capitals of Canada, as well as Canada House in Trafalgar Square, London. Mr. Thomson is a well-known Canadian film, television and stage actor, as well as an ardent supporter of Canada's Veterans.

      We are in the process of creating registration web page. There will be a dinner /dance at the Delta London Armouries on the evening of the 29th.

      For more information contact Tom Ross    royals1@...

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic