      From: "jyaworsky@..." <jyaworsky@...>
      To: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, 16 October 2013, 15:40
      Subject: RE: Poll results for WarOf1812
      Moderator here.

      So it seems the results of the poll are split fairly evenly between those who only want new members moderated until they show they are real people and not spam computer programs etc.; and those who want full moderation (which is what we have had now for the last months).

      However, the really significant results of the poll are that 20 people voted, which means many hundreds of other list members *didn't* vote and presumably don't care that much one way or the other.

      So I have decided to go back to "new members only" moderation.  Please note that this almost guarantees that there will be instances where an existing member's email is hacked in some way, and bizarre appeals for money because said individual is supposedly stranded in some foreign land, their passport and all funds stolen, etc., will occasionally pop up.

      If a message seems suspect, then be prudent and treat it as spam.&nbs p; Moderator(s) will contact the member who appears to have been hacked and take appropriate action to hopefully prevent more than the initial spam message getting through.

      Jim Yaworsky
      ---In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, <warof1812@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      The following WarOf1812 poll is now closed. Here are the final results: POLL QUESTION: Do you wish messages on this group to be "moderated"? Discussion: If messages are moderated, there will be no spam messages. However, the posting of a message will usually then be delayed. CHOICES AND RESULTS - Only moderate new members, and only until they show they are not spammers, 11 votes, 55.00% - Yes, moderate all messages, 9 votes, 45.00% - No, moderate no messages, 0 votes, 0.00% For more information about this group, please visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WarOf1812 For help with Yahoo! Groups, please visithttp://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/groups/original/members/forms/general.html
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic