46967200th Anniversary of Rock Harbor landing Cape Cod Mass.

  • Douglas Butler
    Aug 26, 2013
      The Yarmouth Minutemen and the town of Orleans Mass on Cape Cod are interested in recreating the British landing at Rock Harbor in Orleans in 1814 and their attempt to extract ransom for the town's salt works. To note the (approximate) 200th anniversary of the landing we are looking for a few dozen reenactors each for the local militia and the British marines, and a few 1812 style boats for the weekend of August 15 to 17, 2014.

      The actual landing occurred in December and was repelled at the beach, but we are hoping for a successful landing, a short march to the town green, and a skirmish with the local militia.

      Anyone interested in helping with this endeavor is asked to contact the Yarmouth Minutemen at ymm1774@....

      YHS
      Doug Butler
      Yarmouth Minutemen