      From: eamonnokeeffe1812 <eamonnokeeffe96@...>
      To: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, June 24, 2013 1:47 PM
      Subject: 1812 Introduction

      Hello everyone.

      My name is Eamonn O'Keeffe and I'm a new member of this forum.

      I am sixteen-year-old drummer of the Fort York Fife and Drum Corps in Toronto, Canada. We portray the Canadian Fencibles c. 1814-16 and perform in daily music and artillery demonstrations throughout July and August. I began volunteering at Fort York at age 9 and have been employed for the past couple of summers. I couldn't ask for a better summer job.

      Some of you may have seen the short film, "The Winter March", that I wrote and co-produced in partnership with my high school friend Patrick Y. Lee. Our sixty-second "Heritage Minute" dramatizes the winter march of the 104th Regiment in 1813. I used the wartime diary of Lieutenant John Le Couteur as the basis for the script. See our film here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8mWYjPHbVw

      My co-workers in Guard graciously volunteered their time to act in this film. This project benefitted from the help and support of the Friends of Fort York and the Fort York staff, especially Ewan Wardle, for their help and support.

      "The Winter March" has won the Historica-Dominion Institute's Heritage Minute contest and was a Toronto International Film Festival Next Wave finalist. Our project has received coverage from the CBC and the Huffington Post as well as on TV with the Global News Morning Show and the Sun News Charles Adler Show.

      As Le Couteur was a native of the Channel Island of Jersey in the UK, Patrick and I were interviewed by BBC Radio Jersey and an article about the film was published in the Jersey Evening Post.

      I plan on getting into reenacting in the not-too-distant future so I hope to learn about different reenacting groups through this forum.
      I look forward to being a member of this group and learning from people who share my passion for the War of 1812.

      Kind regards,

      Eamonn