46843Thank you from Fort York

  • ekwardle
    Jun 18, 2013
      I've been asked to post this message from my colleague Keven Hebib:

      Well, the dust has settled and we here at Fort York National Historic Site have taken stock of the War of 1812 Festival Weekend. The response from the public was overwhelming and the support of the Living History Community (you know who you are!) was absolutely crucial to the success. A very big thank-you to you all - whether you paraded and engaged with the combined forces; manned your encampment and talked with the public; performed dance and music or re-created that wonderful sense of the past by setting up in Sutlers' Row. As many of you mentioned, it's been a long while since Fort York was part of the re-enactment circuit. The bicentennial has provided us with the perfect time to welcome you all back. We hope you enjoyed your time at the York Garrison as much as we had hosting you all. We look forward to more events here where we can share in the passion and camaraderie that is part of our thoughtful hobby and profession. Huzzah to all!

      The Staff of Fort York National Historic Site (with special gratitude from Kevin Hebib - 10 RVB).

      Many thanks for this weekend to all who made it such a marvelous event.

      Kind regards,

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic