      From: ucmilitiagreen <ucmilitiagreen@...>
      To: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, May 12, 2013 10:44 PM
      Subject: 1812 NY State Article 265.01

      Good evening,

      I was wondering if anyone knew if there have been any changes to New York State's Article 265.01 law that passed at the beginning of the year and was supposed to come into effect mid-March? As-written it would make any non-US citizen guilty of criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth degree if he were found in the state with just about any weapon, including a'dangerous knife' and 'antique' as well as 'muzzle-loading' firearms:

      http://law.onecle.com/new-york/penal/PEN0265.01_265.01.html

      Which pretty well covers anything reenactors carry. Any light you can shed on this would be appreciated.

      Thank you.

      Raiffe.