      From: David Hildebrand <Davenging@...>
      To: mark <mark@...>; ree47 <ree47@...>; warof1812 <warof1812@yahoogroups.com>; kvwkeller <kvwkeller@...>
      Sent: Wed, May 1, 2013 7:50 am
      Subject: 1812 must share..............

      I just read the section in Ian Toll's Six Frigates describing the burning of Havre de Grace (200 years ago this Friday) and it is stated that among the items pulled from Rodgers' house was a pianoforte and that Adm. Warren took it to his house in Bermuda (393-94). I wonder if the Commodore himself played, or if was used by the wife and/or children?

      Happy May Day!

      David Hildebrand, Ph.D.
      Director, The Colonial Music Institute
      276 Oak Court
      Severna Park, MD 21146
      410 544-6149, cell 410 852-3476
      info@...
      www.colonialmusic.org
      www.1812music.org
      "History Detectives" re: National Anthem
      Televised lecture on "The Star-Spangled Banner"
      New 1812 CD!