467271812 Re: Bearskin Shako

  • shayna121
    Apr 23, 2013
      Stuart,
      I thought you might be interested in knowing that Insepction Returns show that the 1st Battalion Royal Scots did not have bearskins in either 1812 or 1816 (they don't appear to have been inspected in between). That goes for Grenadiers and Drummers/Fifers. The fact that they had spent years in the West Indies before coming to Canada is likely the reason for this.

      Chris