46467Vic Suthren

  • Soo
    Jan 20, 2013
      I'm saddened to be the bearer of this news, but as per Vic's wishes, I'm passing this email on to the list as the best way I know to get the info out.

      As you are well-connected within the re-enactment community I wanted to let you know of a major change affecting my own participation.
      My wife Lindsay suffered a stroke 6 January and it has been necessary for me to revert to the role of primary care giver 24/7, and for the foreseeable future. With regret, but fond memories, I will be no longer an active member of the re-enactment scene, such as acting as designer and "Commodore' of the naval portions. At Louisbourg, Halifax, Niagara-on-the-lake and elsewhere, it's been fun to see so many good people enjoying themselves in the encampments in the atmosphere of tall ships, longboats, and military and naval re-enactment that has involved music and dance as well as black powder. What a grand experience it all was!

      All best wishes, and I will be cheering from the sidelines as you all build new memories.

      I'd be grateful if you might tell anyone who would be interested to hear.

      Yours aye

      Vic

      I think Vic will need the support of all his friends at this time.

      Sue McLean (aka Sue Too)
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic