464191812 Re: Playterson Lake Simcoe Portage Location

  • jbwhittaker
    Jan 3, 2013
      Tom,
      The local historical society are/were working on a War of 1812 event to be held at Anchor Park, Holland Landing in 2013.
      I met a woman from that historical society at the Georgina Pioneer Village while I was there for another purpose. She said they wanted a naval component and were working on logistics. She took my name and contact information and said she would be in touch. When I hear more I will be sure to let you know.
      Regards,
      Bruce

      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Hurlbut" wrote:

      Hi Bruce!
      I was wondering if there are any plans to commemorate this site and its
      purpose during the war as part of the 1812 Bicentennial,
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic