463901812 Re: Pike Drill for Serjeants, Revisited...

  • shayna121
    Dec 26, 2012
      That's true, but it's an important distinction. The rank and file have a present arms and a salute, whereas the Officers just have the salute, which they use to salute senior Officers, as well as the Colours. The conclusion we're reaching, therefore, is that if the Serjeants don't have a present arms (it hasn't turned up in any period manual), then they should use their salute in the same manner as the Officers.

      Chris

      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "John" <potts4259@...> wrote:

      > Hi all,
      >
      > My two cents for what it's worth..
      >
      > Whilst I agree that Officers do not present arms as such, they do conduct a sword salute which is effectively the same thing, their movements conforming with those of the troops.

    • Show all 23 messages in this topic