46266Re: Militia top hats

  • pfcschultz
    Oct 25, 2012
      Thank you everyone for the suggestions,
      I went with a top hat from Coghlin and Upton, the county with the 2.5 inch brim as opposed to the 3 inch. I purchased a 3.5 inch round pressed leather cockade, and a pewter eagle with 3 holes drilled in it. I have not had any luck finding a wool hackel in red over white, but I did get a feather one and an all white wool, but I want to use that on a future tombstone shako.

      For anyone that has done this before, what type of thread did you use to attach the cockade, what is the best way to attach it, and just to be certain, it does go on the left side correct?

      Thanks,
      John
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic