45653Re: 1812 Fort Meigs Weekend

  • John Ogden
    May 28 9:10 AM
      Speaking from the Jonathan side of the equation, the weekend was excellent,
      although we had some small difficulties on the level of the individual
      soldier: I personally experienced a forceful reminder that one cannot walk
      at the normal pace / stride on linoleum floors (such as in the visitor
      center) while wearing period shoes with leather soles and hobnails. The
      resulting twisted ankle did not keep me out of the field on Saturday, but
      my speed in marching was decidedly diminished. Still, I always enjoy
      seeing well-turned out units of either army, and the 41st definitely
      qualified.

      John Ogden

      First U.S. Volunteers
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic