45651Re: 1812 May 4/5 "1813" Fort Meigs/Havre de Grace Weekend

  • gary beauregard
    May 28, 2012
      I was at the Havre de Grace event, this year and it's a very nice area with lots of accommodation for folks, who do not camp and very easily accessed from the Interstates. For those who are military retirees, Aberdeen Proving Ground is only minutes away (south), with first class lodging and a fabulous museum (what we would consider modern warfare). About twenty-five to thirty minutes further down the main Interstate is Fort McHenry, also fun to see.

      From: "annbwass@..." <annbwass@...>
      To: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, May 28, 2012 10:59 AM
      Subject: 1812 May 4/5 "1813" Fort Meigs/Havre de Grace Weekend

      Next year, Longwoods has graciously given up their weekend so that Fort Meigs can have their event on May 4th and 5th and be able to have a reenactment on the actual 200th anniversary of the battle.

      Drat! That is also the 200th anniversary of the sacking of Havre de Grace, Maryland, and big events are planned there, too.

      Ann Wass