45647Fort Meigs Weekend

  • tom4141fournier
    May 28, 2012
      Good morning list!

      Another incredible weekend at Fort Meigs!

      The site, the staff, the volunteers and local communities are all incredible and this sets this event up to be one of my favourites year after year.

      Our most heartfelt thanks and appreciation go to all there for their outstanding hospitality and friendship.

      The downside this year was such a small turnout on the British side ...one of the smallest I have seen in years. It is too bad, because this likely one of the largest gatherings of American based U.S. units that you will encounter (an extremely target rich environment).

      We were fortunate in that the U.S. loaned us the highly capable 19th U.S. to join our side and balance the forces on Saturday afternoon.

      Next year, Longwoods has graciously given up their weekend so that Fort Meigs can have their event on May 4th and 5th and be able to have a reenactment on the actual 200th anniversary of the battle.

      We do hope that more troops from every nation can join us there to make it a truly special bicentennial event!

      So many reenacters from this part of Ohio travel multiple times each year to Ontario to help celebrate our events in our backyard, it is only fair that Canadians consider reciprocating once in a while.

      Photos from this weekend can be found our on webpage at:

      www.fortyfirst.org

      Your most humble and obedient Servant,

      Tom Fournier, Captain
      41st Regiment of Foot