45554Re: 1812 York Volunteer Militia

  • ekwardle
    May 10, 2012
      The 3rd Batt., York (id est the Town of York proper) Militia were issued a set of colours on March 23, 1813 by the "Patriotic young Ladies of York". The regimental colour had a blue field and the Union canton. In the centre a crowned arms of Upper Canada with laurel and York roses at the corners.

      So, if you are portraying the flank coys. of the 3rd York, who fought at the battle, they were yet to have colours.

      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Brian" <hearndenb@...> wrote:
      > Thanks to all those who answered my question. Looks like it will be civilian clothes other than the flank company. What sort of colours would they York volunteers carry?
      > Cheers,
      > Brian
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic