45358Re: kids shoes

  • Soo
    Apr 3, 2012
      I concur with Peter.
      I was a walking instructor with the Running Room, before I blew my hip, and picked up the basics of shoe fitting.

      Brand name runners for kids are astronomically priced. Those in the know always said that the brand names were a waste of $$ as kids' feet didn't need all that support, cushioning, etc.

      So if they are old enough to watch where they step, let them go bare foot. Probably more historically correct.
      The wearing of moccasins and/or beef boots is not incorrect either.

      Has anyone ever done any research into how many shoe makers (not cobblers) there were in UC during the period? And what a child's shoe would have cost then?

      Sue Too
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic