44531Re: .69 Calibre Musket Balls ...something to note

  • usmarine1814
    Nov 4, 2011
      This is from my understanding of records, documents and archaeological finds, but I may well be wrong.

      That being said, I believe US musket balls were roughly .65 cal (give or take a .002, .003 or .004) and the rounds for .75 Cal weapons were .69 (give or take as well). SO if doing a study on wounds from a .69 cal musket the .65 cal balls are the ones to use.

      Just Saying...May be wrong.. but I think I am right (and thats all that counts to me :)

      YHOS
      C. Murphy
      USS CON 1812 MG
      USMCHC

      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "rjdwarnock" <ronaldjdale@...> wrote:

      > Hello List,
      >
      > I need to get a hold of about 20 US musket balls for some live firing.
      > This is to help a McMaster University forensic pathologist who is studying wounds on human remains recovered at the Battlefield of Stoney Creek. [snip]
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic