43788RE: 1812 Belgic and Stovepipe

  • Tom Hurlbut
    May 9, 2011
      This discussion has left me wondering..

      When the 4th took part in the Chesapeake campaign, and later the New Orleans
      campaign, does anyone know what the light company would have worn? Belgic
      shakos for sure but would they have worn regimental plates, or bugles, and
      would the cockade badge have been bugles or a regimental button?

      And then later at Waterloo, would the hat be the same?

      I've made lots of assumptions (as we put together our impression) but
      "assuming" has its risks.

      Tom Hurlbut