43627Not so white guys with guns!

  • Kevin
    Apr 1, 2011
      Greetings all, I am going over some old reports here in the office and I just finished reading one that we did in 1993 on the 11 skulls that were here in the collection of the Lundy's Lane Historical Museum. Awesome stuff!!

      Here are some of the interesting bits...

      "It should be noted that three of the skulls showed definite evidence of perimortem cranial trauma. These include L-22 which had an entrance wound in the central frontal bone and an exit wound in the right occipital, L-16A which showed a large entrance wound in the right frontal, and L-23 which possesses a large open woundin the right parietal bone. In all three cases the size and shape of the traumatic wounds were very clearly related to fracturing by a high force object."

      "When the datasheets are examined it is clear that most features recorded on these skulls fall into the white European category. The only possible exception is skull L-16 which shows some features observed in Black populations"

      Lastly, while I was examining the data for one of the incomplete skulls it shows characteristics of being "Asian" but more European features.

      The down side to all of this is that they were just "dug up" so we have no way of knowing if they are British, Canadian or American, where they were found on the battlefield, or what was found with them. But all were interred together to rest!

      I am looking forward to see what else comes out of this!

      Kevin Windsor
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic