43428Fanshawe Grand Tactical and Education Day

  • westhouse03
    Feb 27, 2011
      Good day list,

      I want to take this time to let you know that the registration for the 1812 event is now available on the actual Fanshawe Pioneer Village website at;
      http://www.fanshawepioneervillage.ca/1812

      there you can view a variety of items about the event and click on the 1812 Registration Form to register for the event.

      The event is scheduled to take place on Saturday, October 1st and Sunday, October 2nd with an education day being added for Friday, September 30th from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. The site felt that with the Grand Tactical being held there it was a great opportunity to hold an ED Day in conjunction with the event as education is one of their top mandates. The site hopes to attract about 1000 students to enjoy a variety of attractions, exhibits, tours, activities and stations throughout the day much like has been established at other sites we have all gone to.

      If you wish to put on a display or demonstration or fill a station please contact me with what you wish and are able to contribute. There is space for several more stations to fill out the day. I will forward this information to the site education coordinator and the site committee for approval. E-mail me at;
      westhouse at sympatico . ca

      Set-up can start earlier this year as there is the education day and there is the possibility of participants coming from longer distances. The site is being encouraged to close for the day on Thursday, September 29th to allow for early all-day setup. I will keep you posted.

      Sutlers are encouraged to attend as there will now be an Education Day and as with most other sites there will be a $25 charge for sutlers.

      Thank you for your attention. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to send me a note or approach me at any future event.

      Dave Westhouse.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic