43331RE: 1812 Re:

  • Ray Hobbs
    Feb 6, 2011
      It is also available online at "Internet Archive" - Google the archive, then search for "War of 1812". There are hundreds of useful documents there, and Lossing's certainly is - saw it there this afternoon! Like most documents in the archive, it can be downloaded as PDF.Best regardsRay Hobbs

      To: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com
      From: beau@...
      Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2011 08:24:03 -0800
      Subject: Re: 1812 Re:

      Do you know if this is available in "reprint"?

      G. Beauregard

      From: Art Neilands <doucanu2@...>

      Subject: 1812 Re:

      To: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com

      Date: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 10:25 PM

      Although I'm sure some would argue its historic merit I feel Benson J. Lossings

      "Pictorial Field Book of the War of 1812" provides readers with interesting

      information, sketches of Battlefields on both sides of the border along with

      candid interviews of both participants and civilians adding to ones overall

      library and information regarding the war and those who took part in it. Great

      list,

      Sincerely

      Gerry Neilands