42835Re: War Of 1812 Play & The Patriot.

  • Greedo di Avarice
    Oct 15, 2010
      What was the problem you had with the Sony bean counters regarding
      equipment on "The Patriot?"

      ++don stallone

      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Colonel" <lehrerprofessoren@...>
      wrote:

      > Your mention of the "Patriot" brought back a memory for me as well.
      After riding in seven Hollywood films, and with my filming schedule in
      hand for the "Patriot", I refused to participate in the filming when I
      saw how they would portray the mounted element of Tarleton's Legion,
      namely, the burning of the church with the colonials inside.
      > It was the only film ever that I was scheduled for and turned down.
      What did Mel Gibson say? "It's not history. It's Hollywood".

      > Tom Moore
      >
      > --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, gary beauregard beau@ wrote:
      > >
      > > I have some fairly extensive and vivid memories of "The Patriot",
      since I supplied almost all of the swords, bayonets, and related items.
      It also taught me not to trust the Sony bean counters, even when you had
      an iron clad contract, for materials.
      > > G. Beauregard

      His
      > > > Majesty's Service' Directed by Maurice DePas, this is a
      documentary about
      > > > (for the most part) 1812 re-enacting through interviews and candid
      shots
      > > > taken at re-enactments, many of the people on this list are in it,
      including
      > > > me, but its still very good!
      > > >
      > > > Cheers
      > > >
      > > > Tim