426481812 Re: Interpreting Anomolies

  • James Yaworsky
    Sep 8, 2010
      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "spikeyj" <spikeyj@...> wrote:
      Since the reason
      > for the inclusion of women in the Guard was gender
      > equality, in order to achieve the same numbers in
      > gender-appropriate impressions they'd had to set up a
      > commercial bakery in the fort, with dozens of women baking
      > loaf after loaf of bread at a long line of ovens --

      Come, come, my good man! Surely this admittedly bizarre scenario need not occur!

      Why, there is also a great need for a fully-functioning laundry as well. And there are floors to be mopped, and "night soil" containers to be emptied!

      And dare I suggest some "ladies of the night" doing a few day jobs, perhaps servicing the needs of some of the men who were on sentry duty the night before?

      "Mad Dog"
    • Show all 29 messages in this topic