      From: Ray Hobbs <ray.hobbs@...>
      To: warof1812@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Fri, May 7, 2010 9:45 am
      Subject: RE: 1812 Idle curiosity: historical fiction for the era

      here are some good writers of Napoleonic fiction apart from Cornwell. See
      allinson, Scarrow and Youds. However, I can't think of any good who wrote
      pecifically on the war of 1812. There was one written by a Canadian Mennonite
      Block) about a chap who joined the Militia from a Mennonite community - hardy
      he stuff to excite, and it didn't.
      also read Nevin, but thought it rather comical. I may be mistaken, but I
      elieve that was the one in which the Glengarries were seen brandishing their
      est regards, and happy hunting
      To: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com
      rom: johnjogden@...
      ate: Thu, 6 May 2010 17:29:04 -0400
      ubject: 1812 Idle curiosity: historical fiction for the era

      I was wondering if anyone out there can recommend some historical
      fiction for this war. While Bernard Cornwell's *Sharpe* series does cover
      the time frame, it is pretty specific to Europe. I have read Nevin's
      *1812*and enjoyed it, and am looking for something in a similar vein.
      Thank you.
      Looking forward to Ft. Meigs right after my exams are over for the

      John J. Ogden

      War of 1812 Living History:
      wide-ranging information exchange
      or all participants and supporters

      nit Contact information for North America:
      Crown Forces Unit Listing:
      American Forces Unit Listing
      WAR OF 1812 EVENTS LIST:
      010Yahoo! Groups Links