      To: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com
      From: johnjogden@...
      Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 17:29:04 -0400
      Subject: 1812 Idle curiosity: historical fiction for the era

      All,

      I was wondering if anyone out there can recommend some historical

      fiction for this war. While Bernard Cornwell's *Sharpe* series does cover

      the time frame, it is pretty specific to Europe. I have read Nevin's

      *1812*and enjoyed it, and am looking for something in a similar vein.

      Thank you.

      Looking forward to Ft. Meigs right after my exams are over for the

      semester...

      --

      John J. Ogden