42125Re: 1812 Idle curiosity: historical fiction for the era

  • jgreath511@aol.com
    May 6 2:39 PM
      John,

      William H. White has a three volume War of 1812 naval trilogy.

      Regards,
      Jim G.

      In a message dated 5/6/2010 5:29:12 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      johnjogden@... writes:

      All,

      I was wondering if anyone out there can recommend some historical
      fiction for this war. While Bernard Cornwell's *Sharpe* series does cover
      the time frame, it is pretty specific to Europe. I have read Nevin's
      *1812*and enjoyed it, and am looking for something in a similar vein.
      Thank you.
      Looking forward to Ft. Meigs right after my exams are over for the
      semester...

      --
      John J. Ogden