40964Re: Fanshaw Special Guest

  • MasterAtArms
    Sep 29, 2009
      I am reminded of an old adage that recently seems to be much appreciated among modern celebrities:

      "ANY publicity is GOOD publicity!"

      Frankly, I welcome pretty much any opportunity to spread awareness of our activities, whether presented seriously or humourously, as long as it does not portray us in a specifically unfavourable light. Mercer has appeal to a wider and younger audience, just the demographic that might include exactly the type of recruits ALL our units sorely need to guarantee we will still have an 1812 community in ten years' time.

      That's MY tuppence worth...

      Dale

      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "a10rca" <jhill@...> wrote:

      > Rick Mercer is a funny guy.
      > Ah... Another film crew making fun of reenactors. We had two sets at Fort Erie who had little regard for the hardwork, research and dollars many participants spend.
      > This will certainly raise awareness, in Canada, but as earlier posts have mentioned - beware the film dude with nothing but good intentions.
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic