40694Waterloo 2015

  • Victor Suthren
    Aug 8, 2009

      Although I know I've mentioned this before, I am sure it has occurred to you that the ranks of US, British and Canadian units of the War of 1812 are going to swell in size as new members become involved for the Bicentennial of the War of 1812. But as someone pointed out, after two hugely eventful years ending with the re-enactment of the Battle of New Orleans in early 2015 there will be a sizeable and experienced body of officers and men in North America well able to represent troops of the Napoleonic era, but with nothing else large of that period on the horizon. But isn't the 200th of Waterloo being staged, a massive event, in 2015? What a way to end the 1812 commemorations, if it was possible to organize a major North American contingent of 1812 Bicentennial 'veterans' to travel to, and be formidably present at, Waterloo....

      I believe I hear a distant drum....

      Vic Suthren
      Naval Establishments
      Crown Forces North America