40452Waterloo 2015

    Jun 22, 2009
      Mark

      In conversations with the organizers of 1990 and 1995 they both said it would take longer than the five years they had to organize a trip to Belgium with gunpowder to be supplied (cannot take it on the plane), lodging (as most hotels will be full) , flights (special rates and consideration for muskets, swords), etc. (all those odds and ends such as busses n' stuff)

      You were there in 90 and 95 and even with all the organization, there were problems.

      So if there is to be a Waterloo 2015 (instead of a world class football game with which sponsors can recap their money) there should be some organization here in North America.

      I know that our brothers in the UK and Europe have a re-enactments there every year but for us North Americans it takes planning.
      (ask Mr.Catley, he was coming from UK to USA)

      I hope to go but my former trips say "tread with caution"

      As far as the cases, Canadian Tire and Wal-Mart still sell fly fishing rod cases that muskets will fit into. But for those who want a real case for your muskets, google Shooter's Choice Waterloo Ontario

      --- "Mark Dickerson" wrote:
      "... nobody has stated organizing things yet, but it is still too early other than to make preliminary suggestions … that fishing rod case that we bought from Canadian Tire for Waterloo 1990/ 95 is no longer being made."
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic