39533Re: 1812 Waterloo 2015

  • John Potter
    Feb 21, 2009
      Gee, you blokes are spoilt..! In Australia we don't have the luxury
      of only attending events on actual battle sites and to my knowledge
      only one event in Oz has ever taken place on or near the site of the
      original combat (the Vinegar Hill convict uprising near Parramatta in
      1804/reenacted in 2004).

      We regularly hold events in places with no connection to the original
      history because of a convenient or historic location, friendly
      organising committee (the Battle of Lithgow in NSW) or because of a
      name association (such as a regular Nelson's Navy gig in the town of
      Trafalgar, Victoria)

      I personally think a Waterloo event in the US would be a great idea
      to get the 1812 British units and the BN French units facing off
      against each other. It would serve as a good alternative to going to
      Europe for those who can't afford the expense or inconvenience of
      travel to Europe.

      Cheers,

      John

      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Harry Pilotto" <hpilotto42@...>