39532Re: 1812 Waterloo 2015

  • Harry Pilotto
    Feb 21, 2009
      Gentlemen,
      For what it's worth on this subject, here's the view of a Redcoat
      Highlander Private. I would only be interested in a Waterloo in
      Europe, portraying my own unit. Cost, logistics, politics can all be
      overcome, individually if necessary.

      No setting can beat the actual thing: marching thru tall rye in a
      kilt, forming a square agains hoards of French Cavalry, having the
      Piper pipe around the outside of the Square in the thick smoke...
      truely the closest one can get to a Time Machine.

      2015 will give me 30 years in reenacting, and I too plan to hang up
      the musket and bonnet; hopefully passing them on to my Grandson. It
      is a worthy goal and I am glad to see it being talked about this
      early. I am willing to bet it will be a very big event in Europe, and
      CFNA can only add to it. I look forward to reliving history again!

      Harry
      42d RHR

      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Windsor"
      <kevin.windsor@...> wrote:

      > It has been recently discussed and bicentennial events in Europe
      are being
      > looked at. It is all very recent (2 weeks) so there is nothing
      really that
      > has come from it but information is being gathered contacts being
      made etc
      > etc. . .
      >

      > KW
      >

      > _____