39530Re: 1812 Waterloo 2015

  • James Yaworsky
    Feb 21, 2009
      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Windsor" <kevin.windsor@...>
      wrote:

      > Do you really think it will be big Jim? Many re-enactors I talk to like
      > events because they are a re-enactment of a real battle on a real
      > battlefield and some won't go to fabricated events.
      >

      > For me the real selling point of going to Waterloo isn't re-enacting the
      > battle. It is being THERE.

      Good points, Kevin. I honestly don't have a clue how big it would be
      if a clone event was staged somewhere in North America. I don't know
      how many "locals" (if you call anywhere in the US and Canada "local")
      plan on going to Waterloo all on their own, or with their own group.
      If Michael and Tim Pickles and Benton Jennings and the Highlanders
      "and x" "and y" "and z" all intend on going to the "real show" and
      this is known already, this would certainly make a North American
      event less viable.

      And I agree about being THERE.

      I guess I'm curious to know if any of this has been SERIOUSLY looked
      at and investigated reasonably thoroughly. The opinions expressed to
      this group in the past few days (including, of course, mine) have all
      struck me as rather "off the cuff" - and I'm not speaking about
      facings... OUCH! ;>0

      Jim Yaworsky
      "Owns a Baker, wants to shoot some of the Emperor's minions with it..."
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic