39344Re: John Woodburn (Woody) Lambe

  • Tom Ross
    Feb 1, 2009
      LAMBE, John Woodburn (Woody) - Peacefully, at True Davidson Acres in
      Toronto on Friday, January 30th, 2009 at the age of 70. Woody will be
      dearly missed by his wife Lois Tilden Lambe of Kingston, and will be
      forever remembered as a truly loving and devoted father by his
      daughter Rachel Lambe, her husband Randy Pryce and his only grandson
      Jack, of Toronto. He will be remembered with love by his sister Anna
      Woodburn Lambe and her partner Jane Abray of Toronto and Anna's sons
      Tim, Woody and Ben (Sarah) Hamel. Fondly remembered by Jane Gray,
      Chris and Rochelle and their daughters Lauren and Meghan McNabb and
      Sean and Petruschka McNabb and David and Trudi Barrett and their sons
      Drew and Flynn. Predeceased by his wife Jane Barrett and his parents
      Ethelmary Tilden and John Woodburn Lambe. He is also survived by many
      cousins who will never forget him. Born in Hamilton, he graduated
      from OAC and moved to Oxford County where he was a sheep farmer and
      teacher for over 40 years. He will be best remembered for the many
      years he ran the Oxford Field Studies Centre where he touched the
      lives of so many students. He had a love of history and was active in
      historical re-enactment for over 25 years. He was a musician and a
      poet but most of all, Woody was a renaissance man and will be
      remembered in a special way by everyone who knew him. Visitation will
      be on Monday, February 2nd, 2009 from 4:00 - 8:30 p.m. at Longworth
      Funeral Home, 845 Devonshire Ave., Woodstock ON, 519-539-0004 where
      the memorial service will be held on Tuesday, February 3rd at 1:30
      p.m. Reception to follow. Private family burial at a later date.
      Memorial donations can be made to St. Joseph's Hospital Cognitive
      Neurology/Alzheimer's Unit or the charity of your choice. Online
      condolences at www.longworthfuneralhome.com

      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Susan Spencer" <spencersmerc@...>
      wrote:

      > Such sad news -- Woody will indeed be missed. Over his many, many
      > years in the hobby, he touched and influenced many people, both
      public
      > and re-enactors alike. Knowing him enriched us all, in many
      different
      > ways.
      >
      > His passing will truly leave a hole in our community.
      > -- Sioux

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic