38902Re: 1812 Re: African Americans in US Forces

  • Craig Williams
    Jan 7, 2009
      I'm sorry if I am repeating someone else's post only because I'm
      looking at this subject line for the first time, (time being at a
      premium) but as far as the question of the Black serviceman/sailor in
      the US forces during the 1812 War, I have one suggestion for reference.
      Gerry Altoff wrote an excellent book on the African-American called
      "Amongst my best men".

      Again apologies if I have repeated earlier information.

      Craig Williams
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic