38294Re: 1812 1805 Royal Navy Sword

  • John Potter
    Nov 4, 2008
      I agree that these look like excellent swords but my only thought is,
      aren't they a bit too good for an officer to take on sea service..?
      Great for ceremonial use, attending court or cutting the wedding cake
      but perhaps a plain, basic hangar would be better for taking to sea
      and fighting with.. Just my two cents worth..

      Cheers,

      John

      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, <suthren@...> wrote:

      > They are of excellent quality.