37171RE: 1812 HMS Detroit

  • Gord Deans
    Aug 17, 2008
      Larry,

      Of course, you are right. Where would "we" all be without our
      Provincial Marine.

      So, what about Royal Navy sailors carrying blanket rolls on land?
      Good idea?

      Gord Deans,
      HMS Charwell Landing Party.

      ---------------------
      Larry Lozon wrote:

      Gord

      Why not let lying dogs sleep ...
      the HMS Detroit Project is dead

      Be happy of the good outcomes

      1. the creation of Provincial Marine
      2. the steel hull will be made into a sailing ship
      3. we had a good time talking about it
      4. the WEASELS know who they are

      Now shall we denote our energy to another topic

      Correct 1812 footwear for soldiers
      ... did they wear low shoes, brogans, etc.?
      Did their shoes have hobnails, heal and toe plates, etc.

      More research?
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic