36490Re:Coast Guard Burns Old Fort Niagara

  • John Harris
    Jul 10, 2008
      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, Doug DeCroix <d_squared6@...> wrote:

      Yeah..... we have the 1839 gate slated for destruction... who needs
      history, as long as vehicles can get in.  'Course there won't be any
      history to worry about if we knock all the original stuff down (those
      pesky original buildings limit how many soccer fields the park can
      have, so they're probably next), so I guess that's a moot point.
      > And.... uh.....the fire hydrants are so well concealed that
      evidently people who respond to web groups don't notice
      them....that's provided they have even been to the site.  Heaven
      knows the idiots that work here wouldn't think of working with local
      fire officials to create an emergency plan in advance of the
      emergency.  It's that kind of planning that leads to limits on
      artillery firing and such.  There will be none of that kind of
      forward thinking here.

      Hey Doug,
      You really should learn to let things out my friend, keeping them in
      will kill you !!! 8^)
      See you next weekend ,despite (oh, the horror) having to cross the
      border!!!
      John Harris
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic